Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Step 4

OK, today was the day I was going to release whatever was checked in to the world.
  • Moved the CVS repository to a public (util2) server
  • Did the deployment used:
    • lighttpd
    • had a fucking tough time figuring out how to connect to a remote mysql server. Punted it and did a "yum install mysql-server" on util2 and simply used the local mysql server
    • User capistrano -- Man understanding capistrano took some time. I still do not fully understand why I need to create ssh logins into my DB servers also!!!
  • Gunned out the deployment finally -- saw some minor quirks betweek mysql 5 and mysql 4-- which is what we were using initially. (NOT NULL BS)
  • Fixed the shit and we are ready to go.
It's not yet time to go full live -- We'll have to wait for another week before we can go live!

Time Spent: 4 Hours
Investment: $5 (Bought the DirectDNS service for DNS hosting for gamefui)


1 comment:

Think2Much said...

Great work guys, this is coming together really well! I can't wait for the first GameFui powered football mail to be sent out.

I was one of those half-believers, knew you had it in you but didn't think you'd deliver a solution this quick, cool stuff.

Let me know when you're ready for feature requests, I have a few stored up.

I may sound like the bullshit ra-ra person that comes in after all the action is done... takes no kudos but has plenty to distribute... but oh well... at least it's a start and I'm being honest.